
We traveled through customs without a problem, and rode to St. John, New Brunswick for lunch. We had our first glance of The Bay of Fundy and it was beautiful. St John is at the mouth of the St. John River on the Bay of Fundy. This is the one of the most active seaports on the Atlantic Coast. Its deep-water terminals handle some of the world’s largest ships. They have recently built a boardwalk with restaurants and shops to entertain guests. It is truly a fun and beautiful area to site-see.The wind today was extremely gusty. At times I had to hold my helmet so the wind wouldn’t jerk it around. That hurts. The bikers we ran across all commented on the same subject – the wind. It didn’t seem to bother Ed or Emory but I got beat up a little. I am not complaining I am just reporting the facts.
We ended up in Moncton, (pronounced Muncton) New Brunswick at a quaint motel off Canada Highway 2. Moncton is in the Petitcodiac River valley at the geographic center of the Maritime Provinces. It is known as the “Hub City” because of its central location and also Moncton has historically been the railway and land transportation hub for the Maritime Provinces. I loved Moncton and would go back again. People were friendly, Moncton was beautiful and we had a lot of fun there.
We drove up to Prince Edward Island. I couldn’t wait to get there. It rained almost the whole day but we didn’t seem to mind the rain and it didn’t ruin any of our plans. PEI is a very beautiful place to visit. They are known for growing potatoes as well as their fishing industry.We drove to Cavendish were the site of Anne of Green Gables was inspired. L. M. Montgomery, the author of Anne of Green Gables, was born on the north shore of Prince Edward Island and raised in Cavendish where she lived until she married at age 36. She published her first book at age 15 and her books have been translated into 15 different languages and put on film. People from all over the world stop there to see the house and land that inspired her writings. Ed and Emory have never heard of Anne of Green Gables but I used to watch the stories on PBS. The tour of the house and land was definitely worth going to visit.We met some brothers outside of Moncton. They were from Vermont, and we helped them out with a small situation. We are at a hotel in Nova Scotia now and we saw their trailer. We knew they were staying nearby. So I wrote a note on the trailer and they found out where our rooms were tonight. So I have to go talk to our newfound friends.
We ended up in Moncton, (pronounced Muncton) New Brunswick at a quaint motel off Canada Highway 2. Moncton is in the Petitcodiac River valley at the geographic center of the Maritime Provinces. It is known as the “Hub City” because of its central location and also Moncton has historically been the railway and land transportation hub for the Maritime Provinces. I loved Moncton and would go back again. People were friendly, Moncton was beautiful and we had a lot of fun there.
We drove up to Prince Edward Island. I couldn’t wait to get there. It rained almost the whole day but we didn’t seem to mind the rain and it didn’t ruin any of our plans. PEI is a very beautiful place to visit. They are known for growing potatoes as well as their fishing industry.We drove to Cavendish were the site of Anne of Green Gables was inspired. L. M. Montgomery, the author of Anne of Green Gables, was born on the north shore of Prince Edward Island and raised in Cavendish where she lived until she married at age 36. She published her first book at age 15 and her books have been translated into 15 different languages and put on film. People from all over the world stop there to see the house and land that inspired her writings. Ed and Emory have never heard of Anne of Green Gables but I used to watch the stories on PBS. The tour of the house and land was definitely worth going to visit.We met some brothers outside of Moncton. They were from Vermont, and we helped them out with a small situation. We are at a hotel in Nova Scotia now and we saw their trailer. We knew they were staying nearby. So I wrote a note on the trailer and they found out where our rooms were tonight. So I have to go talk to our newfound friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment