Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Love, Cape Breton And Me

Well we are home safe and sound. I think this was one of the best adventures that we had traveled. Even though things didn’t go as we pppplanned, it worked out great in the end. What is the old saying – if you want to make God laugh just tell him your plans. Well I ain’t messing with God… And…I am content not to make exact plans. Many of our plans were changed during the course of the vacation --- even the last ferry ride. The 17-hour ferry would have put us in rough waters and we would have never been able to see the most amazing sites of Gros Morne National Park, or have a wonderful lunch with a bunch of friends at a small mom and pop type restaurant overlooking a peaceful, tranquil, pristine lake, and also we were able to avoid the cool rain on the eastern side of the island –-- but, on the other hand… if we stayed on the first course maybe our bike wouldn’t have been disabled….. So now you can see why I let others make ppplans. I guess I don’t want to be responsible for the “future.” And Yes I will get qualified help for this type of demented thinking…….and you can see what my husband has to deal with – he should be a saint ….oh yeah!!! …..(Hey, I’m Irish…he deals with it!)

I would like to leave you with the words of a beautiful song that Roger Whittaker sang many years ago. I absolutely feel a deep affection for this song and it is so lovely when you hear him sing it. It is called My Love, Cape Breton and Me. Thanks for joining us through this ride. It was truly my pleasure to tell you our story.




My Love, Cape Breton And Me
Natalie Macmaster


Sing me a song of your hills
Of mountains and waters so still



A song that will speak of the magic of three
My love, Cape Breton and me




Teach me the ways of your land
Where power and peace go hand in hand


It's all that I want in this life and it's free
My love, Cape Breton and me





Always your rivers are calling to me
I hear the sound of sweet melody





When we're apart and I feel so alone
Carry me home, carry me home



If my time could end perfectly
I know where I'd want it to be


God's gift of heaven would be made up of three


My love,


Cape Breton


And

me




It's all that I want in this life and it's free
My love, Cape Breton and me



The End!

No comments: